Things regarding: suicide, abuse, bullying and other life threatening situations. I truly am sorry for the things that are happening to those of you who sent these asks. I’m honored that you felt comfortable enough with my blog to ask for advice in these serious matters. Thank you for trusting me<3 BUT, as much as I love trying to make you laugh through the bad situations, I’m definitely not able to help you in the way someone professionally trained could. Sharing this information with a friend (or blog) is a great first step. But I cannot replace the help a professional can give you. I’m always more than happy to direct any follower to a helpful source.Important Numbers.
- Suicide: 800-SUICIDE (800-748-3433) / 1-800-237-TALK,
- Rape/Sexual Assault: 800-656-HOPE (800-656-4673)
- Self Harm: 899-DONT-CUT (800-366-8288)
- LifeLine: 1-800-273-8255
- Sexuality: 800-246-PRIDE (800-246-7743) / 1-888/THE-GLNH
- Grief Support: 650-321-5272
- Depression Hotline: 1-630-482-9696
- AA/ALA (family & friends of recovering alcoholics): 888-4AL-ANON (888-425-2666)
- Domestic Violence: 866-331-9474
- Teen Relationships: 650-259-7136
- Eating Disorders: 847-831-3438
- Post Abortion/Pro-Voice: 1-866-439-4253
- Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386
- Runaway:1-800-843-5200, 1-800-843-5678, 1-800-621-4000
- Samaritans: 08475 90 90 90
- Suicide: 0870 17004000
- Anxiety: 0844 477 5774
- B-EAT (ED): 0845 634 1414
- Text: 07786 20 18 30
- Web: b-eat.co.uk
- OCD: 0845 3906232
- Depression: 020 8554 9004
- Defeat Depression: 08451 202961
- LGBTQQ/Broken Rainbow: 999 5428
- Youth Helpline: 0845 6347650
HOTLINES FOR OTHER COUNTRIES: http://befrienders.org
Universal Online Resources
If you do not feel comfortable contacting any of these numbers, I suggest you talk to someone of authority. Examples of great people to talk to can be: your parents, a teacher, a coach, grandparents, aunts & uncles, doctors, or police officers. Please don’t ever remain silent over a serious matter. There are absolutely people out there that can and WILL help you. I genuinely value each one of you and I wish you the best<3
[Signal boost this list of numbers and feel free to add more numbers and links that you know of]
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Rebellion Story Opening Theme
Sure. Let’s just go down to the Anus Hole and get some ice cream
Quick and simple lifehacks.
New theme cafe idea to compete with the cat cafés and wedding cafés, etc: A café café where you don an apron, serve the employees for an hour, and live out your coffee shop AU fantasy.
To any Tumblrites who are deaf, hard of hearing, know people who are, or just enjoy cool tech, a start-up called MotionSavvy is working on technology that uses Leap Motion to recognize sign language and and outputs written or spoken English. The project was started by a group of deaf students at RIT’s National Technical Institute for the Deaf (yay RIT!) who moved to San Francisco to develop the product with Leap.
The team has over 800 deaf beta testers, but they are looking for more. They hope to have a product available to consumers by September of 2015.
The links are definitely worth checking out: according to the TechCrunch article, the prototype only understands about 100 words at the moment, but they’re working on more with the beta testers. I’m guessing it’ll probably be realistic to eventually expect a level comparable to other types of machine translation (Google Translate, etc.), which although by no means perfect is still very useful.
Top + free shipping